Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Greg & Lauren's Wedding

Our seventh and final wedding of 2012 was back in August to celebrate the marriage of our friends, Greg and Lauren! I met Greg through my old job, though we only actually worked together for one week. I became friends with Greg since he was close with my former "boss" (we used this term lightly), Brian, and we also share a love for the Florida Gators. Greg was a sub on the softball team that Lauren, Brian, and I played on together, which is how Greg and Lauren met. This might sound familiar since it's a very similar story as Brian and Krystina, where I met the groom at PwC, later found out he was a Gator, and met the bride through our softball team. Once again I loved seeing these two get married after knowing both of them before they even knew each other! :)

Greg and Lauren were married at Rock Spring Presbyterian Church, just a few minutes from where we live. I drive past this church every single day on my way home from work, but had never been inside. It was so cute and quaint.





Their reception was at the Mason Murer Art Gallery (which is right next to the Sweetwater Brewery for those of you who have been there). We had also never been to the gallery, and it was a fantastic location for a wedding reception. The art exhibits were pretty cool, though far too large and expensive for us. It was also setup really well inside and their band was our second all-time favorite (only to the band that played at our wedding, and who will also be playing at my sister's wedding!).




loved their centerpieces

broken, souvenir glasses

yes, she played basketball in college :)



no big deal, just another wedding clean-up crew called in because of Bo...

Tracy was our table-mate and is also a UF Fisher School alum! Loved running into her


pronounced "lime-cooler" - or as we affectionately call Greg, the "lemon-warmer"





Shortly after their wedding, Greg and Lauren were famous! ;)  They were Property Virgins a few weeks ago. It was so fun (and also kinda weird!) watching people we know on TV.

Congratulations, Greg and Lauren!




8 comments:

  1. Why am I just hearing abt you knowing someone on a reality show? I need details please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, I don't know anything about reality shows. I'd never even heard of Property Virgins until Greg & Lauren said they had to go home early one night because they were filming the next day! I think that will be the extent of their career in reality TV :)

      Delete
  2. The church was beautiful! And I watch property virgins all the time so now I'll have to look out for them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first episode of Property Virgins I ever watched! I'm not a big TV person, especially reality TV - but now I have some interest :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful wedding! At my wedding, many years from now, there will NOT be glass drink glasses....only fancy looking plastic. Don't want to deal with the dropped drinks on the dance floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart idea!! A lot of people (myself included) take off their shoes on the dance floor so it becomes a serious danger zone. I should probably start bringing plastic cups for Bo ;)

      Delete
  4. wow what a gorgeous chapel to get married in and love the dress she is wearing! looks like a fun wedding wow 7th and final 2012 was definitely the year of weddings for your friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like every year for the past few years has been "the year of weddings"!! You'd think by now they would all be married, but I think we've still got a few more strong years of weddings headed our way :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)