Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Salt in the Wound

Everyone who knows us knows that we are absolute die-hard Gator football fans.

2008 BCS Championship Game


In fact, I went to my first Gator game before I was even born.

Mom & Dad (and me!) at the 1983 UF-FSU game


Bo and I never really considered going to school anywhere besides Florida, and we wouldn't have it any other way.  Several of our family members went to UF before us, my brother and sister are in school there now, and I'm sure there are many more to come  in the future.



So for those of you out there who aren't from Planet Earth into college football, UF just endured its two worst losses in a row in our entire lifetime, and Bo and I were there to witness both of them. I'll post more on our trips once I'm through the grieving period, but to sum them up: two weekends ago we went down to Gainesville for the UF-Alabama game, and had a fantastic reunion with family and friends, despite the 38-10 loss at home. We came back to Atlanta for two days to unpack, do laundry, and repack before we got on a plane and headed to New Orleans. We were there for three full days for a mini-vacation before going to the UF-LSU game in Baton Rouge. We had an amazing time in Death Valley... even though we lost again, this time 41-11.


There are few things worse than losing back-to-back big time SEC rivalry games. But having to come in to work on the Monday after a loss (ahem, two losses...)?  To your desk decorations looking like this??




That's just rubbing salt in the wound.

4 comments:

  1. ha! love the picture of your parents with you before you were even born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! haha! We're big Razorback fans here and my husband would die if that happened to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! That had to hurt.
    Dad and I were the same age as you and Bo are now in that picture!!! Seems like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Leslie looks just like your dad in that pic!!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)