Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

This year we decided to switch things up and spend Thanksgiving with my family down in North Palm Beach, Florida. Sadly enough we had planned this entirely around the Gator football schedule, since we played at home the weekends before and after Thanksgiving, which was a (not so) good way to break up the 8 hour drive there and back.



The puppies were such troopers and slept most of the way, which was awesome! Until we finally got to my parents' house, and they were well rested and ready to play....at 11pm. Hank (my sister's cat) was not too pleased with their arrival.



My brother Paul drove down from Charlotte two days later with his girlfriend Sarah and their new puppy, Belle. We had a full house that week and it was the best time ever - eight people, four dogs, and a cat, all under one roof. Insane, I know. Thankfully the dogs all got along really well and I think Hank really appreciates living with only one dog (for now). We all spent far too much time just watching the pups play together. They are so cute and highly entertaining.




Bo and I worked from home most of the week to save up on vacation days. Which wasn't too bad considering the amazing view. If only we could work there every day.






We celebrated Bo's 29th birthday while we were in town! We took a long lunch at the Yacht Club (thanks, Dad!) with Leslie and Liz. That evening, Bo and I went to dinner at Okeechobee Steakhouse, an old favorite and just as good as we remembered. Followed by a few drinks at Bradley's with Liz - so glad she has moved back to West Palm.

surprise carrot cake from Leslie!





We met up with Jesea and her boyfriend Nolan the next night at Rum Bar. Love seeing old friends as if not a single moment has passed :)




Thanksgiving morning I ran the Turkey Trot with my mom and Leslie, and I PR'd! It was freeeeezing that morning and I thought they were going to kill me but in the end we all did better than expected and really enjoyed it. Their slogan was "run the race before your stuff your face" which was amazing. Yes and yes. More to come on this...



And of course...the main event, Thanksgiving! There were over 30 of us at Grandma's house this year and it was so so great seeing everyone. We are lucky to have family who are also friends :)

I have a lot to be grateful for but above all, I am most thankful for these people!! <3


Grandma with only about two-thirds of the grandkids. Love my cousins!


Grandma and 7 of her own children and spouses






And just like that, our trip was over. The next day we packed up the car and headed back to Gainesville. This was Abby's first visit so we took the pups around campus that afternoon...yes, we are crazy dog parents...imagine the day when we have actual human children ;)




That night we went to the UF-FSU basketball game at the O'Dome. It was a great game and we were glad to finally see the Gators win something. If only we could have won the next day in football as well. Dare to dream.



Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying the Christmas season :)





1 comment:

  1. You had such a full holiday with your family and pups! I cracked up at the video with your sister's cat.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)