Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our 2nd Anniversary

Yesterday we celebrated our second wedding anniversary. Bo enjoyed a nice relaxing day at home while I was at work. I came home to - surprise! - a clean kitchen and all the laundry put away!

We do not buy each other anniversary gifts. After 11 years together it's difficult enough to think of Birthday and Christmas gifts. We decided last year that we will follow the traditional anniversary gifts and pick something to get for both of us (well, more so for me). Year 1 was paper, so last year we ordered monogrammed stationery and bought tickets to...something (we can't remember). Year 2 is cotton, and we are having our linens monogrammed - do you see a theme here? I love all things monogrammed. As a bonus gift for me, Bo also decided to clean the kitchen with cotton towels and then put away a massive pile of mostly cotton laundry that has been sitting out for quite a while. I loved it.

To celebrate, we enjoyed an amazing dinner at Bacchanalia, one of Atlanta's top restaurants.



We feasted on lamb, pheasant, cured meats, cheeses, desserts and of course wine, champagne (me) and cognac (Bo). The chef brought out mini-courses in between each main course which was a nice surprise and we got to try things we wouldn't normally order - such as cucumber soup, pastries, pressed watermelon, tarts and breads. I rarely take photos of restaurant food, since we tend to devour it before I have time to even think of taking a picture. We really enjoyed our meals, though I'm not sure we will go back with those kind of prices!

I can't believe that two years ago today we were unpacking from the wedding and re-packing for the honeymoon. Sigh. I wish we were still on that trip...


Rowboating in the Borghese Gardens, Rome



Cruising the Mediterranean



Boating to the Blue Grotto in Capri


After a little reminiscing, we spent the rest of last night's dinner planning our summer vacation for next year - perhaps on or around our anniversary. We have a running list of places we want to go, though after each trip we take, it only seems to get longer. Right now our top destinaton is most likely an Eastern Mediterranean cruise, but who knows where we will end up.. we have plenty of time to figure things out before next summer rolls around.

I am looking forward to many more anniversaries, meals and vacations to come!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)