Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Kicks

I finally got my new running shoes in the mail!

New kicks

To say I was long overdue for a new pair would be a drastic understatement. It's kinda hard to tell from the picture, but there was practically no tread at all left on the bottoms.

Old kicks

I've only had them for two days and I already love them. I'm a very brand-loyal person, and these are my favorites. Back in college I got my first pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire running shoes and they are the only kind I've bought ever since. They last a long time (obviously) and other than the normal wear and tear, I've never had any issues with them. They are so comfortable, especially for people like me who have moderate pronation. They don't really have that awkwardly-new look to them either, which means they don't require much of a "breaking-in" period.


I wish I could say the same about softball cleats. If my dire need for running shoes was an understatement, I don't know what to say about my cleats. I've had the same pair since my freshman year of high school (1998!).


Just last week, the laces really began to shred apart. The leather is cracked all over, and completely disintegrated on the heels a long time ago. The actual cleats themselves have been worn down to nubs for years. However I refuse to buy a new pair until I absolutely have to - as in, when this pair completely falls apart and can no longer be used.  Some people would say I have large feet, but at 5'11" I think they are just proportionate to the rest of my body.  Which means that growing up as a kid I had to get a new pair almost every year... just as I was starting to break-in the pair from the previous year. As much as I love shopping and getting new stuff, I did not exactly enjoy that particular outing each year (neither did my mom, I am sure of that). I am now making up for all those lost years of breaking in new cleats. I just can't bear to think how long it would take me to break in a new pair now, when I only play for a few hours a week compared to a few hours a day back then. Well done, Nike... 13 years and counting! I'd say you got your money's worth on this pair, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)